Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

Snow, Cold, and School

We have had a lot more snow this winter than normal.  I love it.  We have even had the big, pretty flakes falling this time!  It is so dry, though, it doesn't pack really at all.  The kids have had quite a few school delays and cancellations.  Of course, at least half of those were due to the cold rather than the snow.  When it gets down to -25 F with the windchill, it's too cold for school.  I don't mind one bit.  I love spending more time with the kids and it allows us to just slow down a little.
Here is Minnie with her "snowman."  So cute!  We tried so hard to make a real one, but it just would not happen.
Every time the other kids go out to play in the snow, Baby Girl stands at the window, wishing she could go out.  In subzero temps, though, it is just not happening!
They did get to have their 100th day of school celebrations though!  For Goofy's class, they had them decorate a t-shirt to wear to school.  He wanted to do one hundred 100's.  I thought that was a great idea, so printed them out on iron-on transfer paper and put them on his t-shirt.  What a cutie!  Minnie made a heart out of 100 Cheerios.  I forgot to take a picture though.
And a few weeks ago, I was looking through Goofy's papers he brought home.  One was such a cute snowman I had to take a picture before tossing it. (Yep, I'm a tosser! It is what happens when you marry someone used to moving around all his life.  It is something I am still learning, but doing much better than I used to!)  The other one just made me so happy.  Goofy LOVES werewolves.  I his fascination stems from Harry Potter, but I'm not 100% sure on that.  Anyway, they were learning about mammals that week and had to draw a picture of a mammal.  Yes, Goofy, I believe a werewolf would be a mammal. ;)

1 comment:

  1. So funny how different the weather is this year. We've had NO snow! Honestly, it's just about all melted. We've been "warm" the last little while, like in the 40s, so we've had rain, but that's about it. Rain in Utah in February?! What the?! But the air quality has been so bad we haven't been able to get outside much. I feel ready to garden already! :)

    And oh! that picture of Baby Girl at the back door kills me. I remember going through that with my Little Guy. They just don't understand. It's heartbreaking but cute at the same time.

    ReplyDelete