Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

On their marks. . .

I signed Baby Girl up for a Baby Crawl during halftime of an Air Force Academy basketball game.  We ended up getting some friends/family to sign up as well.  We got free tickets, so were not out anything. The winner would get $500 in cash, so it was worth a shot.  I was holding Baby Girl back until they let them go. She started out great, then I pushed the car we brought along for her to chase, and it went sideways! So she followed it, of course, just like we planned.  Another baby got to it first, though, and then they just sat there and played.  The winning baby deserved it, as he went halfway, turned around, then went all the way across.  There was so much going on, it was too crazy for the babies.  It was a fun experience, though, even though it was sooo cold that night!  We were even able to nab a picture with the Falcon mascot before we left.
Oh, one other funny thing that happened that night:  when the girl sang The Star Spangled Banner at the start of the game, Baby Girl started yelling and "singing" with her.  It was so funny and embarrassing at the same time.  She loves to sing and always does that at church too.  At church, though, everyone is singing.  At the game, it was dead silent except for the one singing....and Baby Girl. 

1 comment:

  1. Ack! I've been so excited to see how this went!!! Sooo cute!!

    And I love the singing. I'm dying laughing. I remember once when my oldest, who was 1 at the time, started to sing the ABCs at the top of his lungs during the passing of the Sacrament. One of my favorite memories. Your story reminded me of that moment.

    Love this post!

    ReplyDelete