Pages

Sunday 15 December 2013

Ward Parties

I am working as the Relief Society Activities Chairperson at church right now.  I basically plan and execute our activities every other month for the women in our ward.  For December, we do a nice Christmas dinner and a white elephant gift exchange.  We invite all the young women too.  Because of my classes, I wasn't sure if I should go to class or stay and help.  In the end, I had a lot of committee members who just could not make it that night, so felt like I really should be there.  I really wanted to go to be able to enjoy it and it was Tink's first time going, so I wanted to be there with her too.  We set up in the morning, and I think it turned out really nice.  We strung white light across the ceiling and had different ladies decorate the individual tables.  We had snowflakes all over and little Christmas trees stuck around the room.  We did a short spiritual program where we read The Three Trees and had some special music.  It all turned out really well. We had two young women play Silent Night on their violins, then a mother/daughter sang Master, the Tempest is Raging while another daughter accompanied on the french horn.  We finished by all singing "Joy to the World." It was really nice.  The gift exchange was fun too.  Tink ended up with some really cute snowflake earrings.  I got a movie and popcorn.  Usually I end up with awful gifts, but this year we did really well!



Two days later, we had our ward Christmas party. It was a breakfast with Santa.  They had crafts for the kids to do as well.  Goofy's friend and his family came.  Minnie's friend and her dad and sister also came.  We all had a good time.

1 comment:

  1. It warmed my heart when I read that you were able to be there at Tink's first activity! The gym looks beautiful, and I'm glad everything turned out well!

    ReplyDelete