Pages

Friday 27 December 2013

Salt Lake CIty

The day after Christmas, we drove to Utah.  We made it to my sister's house in 9 hours, with only 3 stops.  It wasn't a bad drive, of course, I let PC do all the driving.  Baby Girl did ok.  I ended up sitting beside her in the afternoon.  It was so nice and roomy in the Suburban though.  Plus, all the kids had their new electronics from Christmas, so it made it pretty quiet too.  I think we only watched two movies the whole day.  Brian and Mandy's family also stayed at my sister's house, so it was pretty full!  We made pizzas that night.  They were yummy!
The next day, Auntie K took Tink and two of her cousins to the temple to do baptisms for the dead at the Draper Temple.  It was Tink's first time.  It was so nice she could go with family and in the same temple her uncle would get married in the next day!
That afternoon, we took the Trax into Salt Lake City.  We went to the Church History museum so the kids could play.  I ran into an old friend from our ward in England there.  That was fun!  We were meeting up with a great friend and her kids at the food court in the mall, so we went over there and let the kids play for a while at the play park.  Then we all ate Chick-fil-A.
We met up with the rest of PC's family that was in at the visitor's center in Temple Square, so we could all walk around and see the lights.  Sounds like a good idea, right?  Well, when you get over 30 people together to walk through crowds of other people, it is really hard to stay all together.  Plus, our kids were freezing and cranky.



I can't believe I didn't get any pictures with my friend. It was really crazy and cold.  
We had to get the standard Trax photos on the way home.  The dark haired girl is a friend who also went up with my sister.  Yeah, I used to babysit her.  I must be getting old, but I sure don't feel like it!

1 comment:

  1. So fun to see you, too! Ugh! Still sad we didn't get any pics together. I guess it's just a good excuse to get together again SOON!!

    ReplyDelete