Pages

Tuesday 10 December 2013

December is here!

With my parents on a mission, everyone in my family has been trying to e-mail once a week or so to update all on what is going on.  Below is what I wrote for this week:
 Hi everyone,
I hope you are all staying warm!  It has been SO cold here.  For four days, the highest the thermometer on the Suburban read was 1 degree!  AAhh!  It usually hung around -2.  PC even ran in the mornings when it was even colder.  With the wind chill, it was about -25.  He is training for an ultra marathon in May, so he is running a lot and hates the treadmill.  
The kids had school cancelled on Thursday and a two-hour delay on Friday.  Minnie was home Friday as well, because she threw up Thursday night.  We have all felt a bit queasy and have had some major headaches, but not a bad sickness I guess.
PC's niece had her 1 year old birthday party this weekend.  That was fun and we took the kids to see Santa at Big R (a cowboy type store) afterwards.  Tink missed all that because she was taking the Red Cross babysitting and CPR training.  We were glad she was finally able to do that though! 
I took Baby Girl to an oral surgeon last week for the mucocele in her mouth.  He said he would cut it out, but the anesthesiologist wouldn't put her to sleep until she is one, so we will have to go back in three months.  I might still try to just pop that thing with a needle.  
We got a crack in the windshield of the Suburban driving home from Thanksgiving at PC's brother's house.  I went and had that filled before the cold weather hit so it wouldn't spread.  It is amazing how well they can fix those things. I can't even see it anymore.
We had stake conference this weekend. It was all about missionary work, Mom and Dad.  And they quoted your favorite book a lot.  They told us to pray for our missionaries by name and their investigators, and to pray for missionary experiences.  Our stake president asked us to invite someone to church before Christmas.  The kids all took some invitations to our Christmas party on Saturday and are inviting their friends.  No escaping this missionary stuff now, is there?  
Hope you are all doing well.  Two weeks left in my semester and then Christmas break!  Yeah!  Of course I start right back up in January, but it is all for the best.  I really am enjoying the classes.

 When PC ran outside in the cold, his eyelashes froze.  It was crazy cool! I tried to get a picture, but it had started to melt already.  Still looked cool though.  

1 comment: