Pages

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Auntie K comes to visit!

My sister was able to come visit us last month.  We sure love that girl.  We had so much fun with her, even though some days we didn't feel so good.  We just wish she lived closer. :(
I picked her up on a Thursday morning.  Baby Girl came with me.  PC didn't have to work until the afternoon, so Goofy stayed home with him.  I took PC's car because it is more "comfortable."  I put that in quotes because it should have been more comfortable than the van and would have been, only I had an infant in the backseat.  An infant, who halfway to the airport, starts screaming.  I figure she is hungry and since I needed to stop at a friend's house to drop something off, we detour.  I change her diaper in the car since my friend isn't back from dropping her son off at school yet.  Ok, changing a diaper in the van is fine.  Changing a diaper in PC's nice sedan, not so fun.  My knees are hitting the seat and I have Baby Girl in my lap.  Her head is hitting the car seat and I am trying to wiggle her diaper off, wipe her clean without getting any mess about, and get the diaper back on.  Remember, the girl is screaming!  She is hungry! So after I change her diaper, I try to feed her.  Problem:  she is too long and we are trying to turn at a diagonal so she can fit!  Luckily, my friend arrives at this point and I can go inside and feed her.  While I'm sitting there, my sister calls and tells me her plane landed about 20 minutes early, so she's already there.  Well, we skedaddle on up to the airport and get her.  So good to see her!  So the drive back, Baby Girl starts screaming again at about the halfway point.  I don't want to stop.  I just want to get home!  Well, she gets louder and louder and gasping for breath because she is screaming so much.  So when we get off the interstate, I pull over and, of course, she has the nastiest diaper.  Changing a diaper in the backseat again is SO not fun!  I strap her back into her car seat and keep on driving.  She is crying again, though, because I didn't feed her.  It was such a relief to get home.  And I felt so bad that Auntie K's first impression of her new neice wasn't a very good one. 
The rest of the kids were ecstatic to see her! 
We went shopping to Old Navy Friday night. That was another fun time.  Baby Girl's acid reflux was really bad that week.  Her dosage for her Zantac wasn't high enough any more, because she had grown so much.  So in the evening, she was especially fussy.
On Saturday, we went to the Olympic Training Center downtown.  We took PC's neice and nephew as well, since Bucko and Tink wanted to spend time with them while they were here.  That was our first time to the Olympic Training Center, and yeah, it was cool, but not all that I thought it would be.  It probably would have been cooler if there had been more Olympians training while we were there.  But it was a good experience.
After that, we went to the Garden of the Gods.  This is one of our favorite places.  The kids were cranky though, especially Minnie and Goofy. They complained of being tired and didn't want to walk around.  Minnie got upset at one point and just walked really quickly to try to get through it and go!  Sad for her, but kind of comical at the same time.  PC and Auntie K did "one, two, three, jumpy!" with Goofy to try to keep him happy as well.  At least it was gorgeous weather that day!
After that, we stopped at Chick-fil-A.  Possibly not the best idea, because later we all felt sick. No one threw up, but we all felt nauseous.  We went over to Nana and Papa's house to spend some time with the rest of the family.  Auntie K and I and decided to go shopping again, so we went to JCP and Target.  PC watched all the kids, so it was nice, but our stomachs just ached, so it wasn't as fun as it could have been.  But still great to have some sister time!

1 comment:

  1. What a crazy visit!! Auntie K's still as beautiful as ever!! So happy she was able to come out and visit for a bit!

    (so sorry about the reflux... hard stuff)

    ReplyDelete