Pages

Wednesday 6 October 2010

First Grade

So why do our schools go from absolutely no homework in kindergarten to a ton in first grade! My poor little guy gets tired!  He didn't fall asleep, but he is resting his eyes. I just thought it was so cute and I had to take a picture.  Our routine is that he has to do his homework as soon as he gets home.  So he does that every day and it takes roughly a half hour. Not a big deal, but then they give them extra things to do. He's had a few days to do it but I haven't pushed it so today we had to get it done.  So basically he spent a total of an hour and a half doing homework today.  No wonder his eyes were tired.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, too cute! We just got back from JJ's parent-teacher conferences, where Mark and the teacher had a great discussion about education, the amount of work, etc. I feel we're robbing our children of their childhood. Others feel very differently, especially outside of America. This picture, to me, states my point. Poor kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I have heard that American schools give out the largest amount of homework than any other nation. And we still are not doing very well at ranking highest with grades. So my question is, what are they actually learning at school?? The British schools don't send homework home like this!

    ReplyDelete