Pages

Friday 22 October 2010

Warwick Castle


Tink and Auntie K in front of Warwick Castle

My sister made it in on 9th and we drove down to Croughton on the 10th to spend the night closer to Warwick.  It's roughly 2 hours from our house, but only a half hour from Croughton, so we were able to get a good sleep and get there right when it opened. Plus, I only had to drive the 2 plus hour drive once a day instead of twice. Thank goodness my sister was with us! There were a TON of roundabouts (or roundabounds, if you like the Darth Vader TomTom voice) and they weren't all showing up on my TomTom!  And the ones that were showing up weren't exactly accurate either.  We had friends following us too, poor things! I felt awful every time I took the wrong exit on the roundabounds.  But we FINALLY made it to Croughton, thanks solely to my lil sis who whipped out the map (remember those?) and directed us there.  Of course, when we picked up they key for our lodging that night, they hadn't activated it, so I had to drive back and have the security guys let us in.  We made it, though, safe and sound. We brought frozen pizzas, so we cooked those up and watched The Sword in the Stone to get us in the mood for the castle the next day.
The weather was absolutely perfect to visit a castle too.  I think my sister enjoyed herself, this being the first castle she had seen in England.  Her memory card is still in my laptop, so I wanted to get some pictures up while I still had them handy!


Goofy playing at the park when we first arrived.



So many steps for a little guy. He wanted to do them all by himself, but I was worried on those spiraling stone steps. I walked down backwards in case he fell I could catch him.  He did fine, of course.





What kind of castle wouldn't have something to do with Henry VIII? This one had a life size Henry. Doesn't get much better than that, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment