Pages

Monday 25 October 2010

Little Miss/Mister Muffet

I have felt like I have slacked off on the educational experiences that I have been giving my two youngest lately. So this week, I resolved to start "Mommy school" with them again. What a great week to start too, because we can do so many fun Halloween things!! So I went to the Dresses 'n Messes blog that my friend does to get ideas. Seriously, anytime I want to get ideas to do with my kids, I go here.  She inspires me so much to be a better mom, and has the best ideas! They are so fun! So today we made the spider headbands and acted out Little Miss Muffet.  The page is right here if you'd like to see the original idea at it's best.  But my kids were so cute that I had to videotape and share. 
So after Minnie was Little Miss Muffet and Goofy was the spider, he also wanted a chance to be Little "Mister" Muffet, so we switched and did it again.
The spider headbands were fun to make too.  I was impressed with how well Minnie was able to fold accordian style.  Goofy lost interest and would start rolling his up, so I just had him glue everything for me.  They liked the googly eyes too. 
We didn't stop there on our educational journey today. That was just the beginning. We cut out Halloween shapes and wrote the four letters we are working on this week (A, H, M, and T) on the back and played the Boo game that I also found on Dresses 'n Messes.  (Told you I get all my ideas from there!)  We also practiced writing them and played with a foam alphabet puzzle, but only used those four letters. We talked about the sounds they make and what words start with those letters, etc.  It was fun!  Minnie is getting better at sounding out words. I am glad, because I was worried she had forgotten everything she has learned so far since it has been so long since we've done anything like this.  All in all, it was very fun and I felt like I accomplished my goal for today.  Now, for the next day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! What a fun surprise for me! To get on and to see you had used so many of my ideas! Wow, wow, wow-ee! Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and that video is just too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete