Pages

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Cashing in our coupons

The kids signed up for the summer reading program at our library this summer.  With that, they were given coupons for roller skating and bowling.  They expire tomorrow, so we had to use them!  Bucko had a birthday party at the roller rink on Saturday, so I took all the kids and we had a blast!  Minnie was the only one who had ever been skating before.  We used to have a pair that fit over their shoes. They would wear them around the backyard, but I don't think that counts.  Anyway, they fell down....a lot.  I knew they were going to have bruises, but they kept getting up and kept at it.  Goofy was the one who surprised me the most.  I didn't expect a 2-year-old to be better than his older siblings.  However, this 2-year-old is an observer.  He watched everyone and copied them. It was the cutest thing!  I love that at this skating rink they allow parents to walk around the rink with their little ones, so I didn't have to wear skates and try to catch them and keep myself upright at the same time.


 Then tonight we decided we better cash in our bowling coupon.  Here's Goofy getting ready to bowl.  He's sporting his new sweater and jeans that came in the mail yesterday. 


Minnie with the attitude "That's right I got a strike! You better believe it!"

Bucko all calm after his first strike! And he wasn't even using the ramp!
I didn't bowl, as my wrist can't handle that. Besides, I have to be with Goofy at all times or he will bowl for everyone.  Goofy has been a wonderful 2 year old, but he did push my limits at the end of round 9.  He had lost his patience in waiting his turn and would not sit and wait.  After he bowled his turn, I took off his bowling shoes and he threw the biggest fit of his life.  I have never had this reaction from him.  I hope it is not a precursor to something coming.  I had to have Tink put on his shoes, while I held both his arms down. He kept trying to put his bowling shoes back on because he wanted to stay and bowl more.  He eventually calmed down, but oh my.  Needless to say, I will not take them bowling again if I am the only adult going. But we did have fun until then!

1 comment:

  1. Caleb got an early Christmas present from my mom of roller skates this year. His request. I think he thought they would be a piece of cake. He's worn them once! At least your kids stayed upright & mobile for the pics. Glad you got to enjoy such fun library rewards. Our library just gives away free books.

    ReplyDelete