Pages

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Gloria and Hallelujah!

All our packages made it back to England today!!!  In our mailboxes, they place these lovely bright yellow slips of paper to tell you that you have a package. Then you take your ID up to the window and they go and get it for you.  We always get excited when we have a yellow slip in our box. Can you imagine how giddy I felt when I saw I had 21 yellow slips!!!  It must have been a record!  They loaded all of the boxes on this huge cart and Minnie and Goofy helped me push it out to the van. They filled the entire trunk and backseat!  I had to do about 10 trips from the van to the house when we got home. Luckily, it wasn't raining today. 
Minnie just waiting to open something up!
We tried to wait until Tink and Bucko made it home from school, but we had a rough time of it. So we ended up opening the things that we knew were for us and not them.  Minnie has been waiting for so long for the rest of the fabric for her Belle costume for Halloween to come in.  Now she has to wait on me to finish making it!  She was glad to see that.
When they finally made it home from school, we tore into the rest.  Well, almost all of the rest, there were several boxes that actually were Christmas presents that I kept to the side.  (I know I am crazy for ordering Christmas presents so early, but since I order everything online, I like to do it early. And now I am really grateful I did!)  But it did feel (and look, minus colorful wrapping paper) a bit like Christmas.  This was the damage after we opened it all.
Thank goodness it is recycling week as my recycle bins are completely full of empty boxes and paper now!  One other thing, some of the boxes were held together only by the tape they had to keep applying to them.  I guess that's what happens when they get sent across the ocean three times!!!

2 comments: