Pages

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Youth Conference and a Campout

 I was able to go to the second day of Youth Conference this year. They played "Olympic Games" which included Human Foosball. It was a lot of fun to watch. It was a really hot weekend, though. Everyone had a good time. The closing speaker was really good and talked about decision making, which was perfect for that age group (14-18 years old). He shared a cute poem that went like this:
Choices, choices, good and bad.
The good ones make me happy and the bad ones make me sad.
If I make a mistake, I'll fix it, I will.
Cause choices are connected to the way I feel.
 The next week for mutual, we had a camp out at my Laurel Adviser's house. One of the young women planned and executed the whole thing for one of her Personal Progress projects. We did a service project by helping them build a fire pit (see picture below). It went pretty quickly and turned out well. (I want one!) They also played water balloon volleyball and had a good activity about loving yourself and realizing your potential. While we were preparing dinner, we had some huge wind gusts which broke my friend's tent! It bent three poles completely in half and ripped the rain fly! I felt so bad, but luckily they were okay with it. That's just what happens in this crazy place. But because we were down a tent, the girls all ended up sleeping in the basement. PC and the boys still slept outside in the tent, but they forgot to turn the water sprinklers off so they didn't get much sleep that night. I slept with Minnie and Shortcake in the guest bed. :) It was a fun activity. I love my calling and being able to spend time with these amazing girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment