Pages

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Girls Camp

PC and Tink were both able to go to Girls Camp this year. PC asked if they needed more men for the week, so I e-mailed and asked. Of course they needed him! He was really excited to go and help out. I was excited for him to go and see for himself why we love it so much. He had a blast! I think he would go every year from now on if he could. Tink had a great time as well. I don't think I can retell all their stories as well as they can, but I will share some of the highlights at least through pictures. I'm so glad they take so many pictures and then share them with us because I felt like I was able to get a little of girls camp through them. Boy did I miss going this year! But as the week of camp drew closer and closer, I realized how much stress I avoided by not being able to go! It's always worth it, though.
PC went up a little earlier than Tink did because he went with the fourth year girls on their high adventure. They went to Colorado State in Pueblo for a high ropes course. Then they went out on the water in canoes as well. It looks like lots of fun! There was a storm coming and they were told that if there was any lightning they would not be able to go on the water. The storm looked like it was coming straight for them, but then veered off and went around. They all felt like it was a blessing.
Tink had never been able to do the bb guns at camp, so this year she decided she would get up to the range no matter what! She had so much fun and was a good shot too! It's in her blood. I was glad she was able to have good friends there with her as well. She spoke on Sunday in sacrament meeting and did a great job. Her testimony of Jesus Christ and who she is as a daughter of God has really grown. She's growing up so fast, but has a solid foundation. She definitely makes her parents proud!
PC worked hard all week. I heard from a lot of the leaders about how glad they were that he was there. He's just such a great guy. I missed him a lot, but was seriously so glad he got the experience. Now he knows some people in the stake too!
 Here are our wonderful girls. I just love them all so much!
 Both Tink and PC did the sunrise hike. They both loved it.
 There were a few bears that stayed around the perimeter of the camp. Love this photo-shopped picture of all the brethren with the bear!
PC even helped the girls out with their skit. He was Sasquatch. Tink was the winner of American Ninja Warrior, at least for their skit she was. She is moving so fast though, she's just a blur in the picture! They had such a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment