Pages

Monday 27 July 2015

Oh, Baby!

The morning of July 10, we went to the hospital for my induction. I took the above "bumpie" right before we left that morning. My blood pressure had been high for a couple weeks, so he decided to go ahead with the induction on July 10, which was only 10 days before my due date. Everything went really well. The epidural was working, the pitocin was working, but the baby's head wasn't quite in the right position, so they gave me this peanut shaped yoga ball to put between my legs while I lay on my side. I went from 5 cm dilated to delivering in less than 25 minutes! That ball worked wonders. And our little one entered the world as perfect as ever. She weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces and was born on 7/10, so I should be able to remember her birth weight! She was my smallest baby and was only 19 inches long. But she is perfect in every way and we are all madly in love with her. Here are some of her first pictures:
The kids all came to see her and everyone wanted to hold her. Here is our first family picture:
We were all cleared to come home the next day. Thank goodness, because Baby Girl did not sleep much that first night in the hospital. I got an hour of sleep that night. I was worn out! She slept so well once we got home and has been doing great ever since. So far she usually does a nice long 5 hour stretch of sleep first and then a couple 2-3 hour stretches for the rest of the night. What a great baby!

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about these pictures! And Tink has gotten sooo tall!

    ReplyDelete