Pages

Friday 8 June 2012

Utah, Part Deux

Wednesday we got to spend the day with one of our favorite aunts. It was so fun to catch up. She is so sweet and fun. We all love talking to her and spending time with her. She is one of the sweetest people I know. She even brought me a little present of a dishrag she had made and jello molds. I told you she was the sweetest, didn't I? I'm so glad she had time in her busy schedule to come and visit.
Yesterday we went up to Salt Lake City via the Utah Trax.  The kids loved riding the "train."
Our first stop was to the Church History Museum.  Bucko thought it was so cool to see some actual manuscript that Joseph Smith has translated from the golden plates.  He said, "That proves Jesus is real!"  It was so cute.  They loved the children's area. Goofy liked the tortilla toss and spent a lot of time there.  They all liked the dress up but were a bit embarassed to practice the dance. They even had a real log house set up outside that was pretty cool.  The kids liked "holding up" angel Moroni as well.
Next we met up with my brother-in-law.  He works on Temple Square two times a week.  We took pictures in front of the temple and then headed over to the Conference Center.
The kids liked seeing the Conference Center.  I really liked the Book of Mormon pictures. I remember that from going there five years ago. The detail on those original pictures are just amazing.  Goofy loved all the water fountains. They couldn't walk by one without getting wet.  Our tour hostess even got in on the action and kept splashing the kids!
We ended at the City Creek Center for dinner.  The kids liked the play area.  A bunch of other kids kept following them too. You can see in the bottom right picture how they are all piled onto the pink dinosaur.  What was really neat was as we were walking out of the mall, I hear my name and look up to see a friend from our ward in England!  They were just out here visiting as well. I love it! It was so fun to run into them.  The kids were exhausted by the time we made it home, but we had a great time.  I even got my sister and brother-in-law to start watching the BBC Masterpiece Mystery series, "Sherlock."  :)

2 comments:

  1. Gina,I sure enjoyed my visit with you all on Wednesday and also am so happy you liked my little gift. You are too kind! Thanks for the compliments! I love the pictures you took. Thanks for being such a great niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you ran into a friend from England!!

    I love the picture of you and the kids in front of the temple. Beautiful!

    It's sure fun to see pictures of you and your family in some of the places that I love.

    ReplyDelete