Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Utah Finale

Our last Saturday at my sister's house, their ward was having temple night. So the older girls watched all the kids and I was able to go with my sister and brother-in-law to the Draper temple.  That was so nice.  My sister and I were even able to do work for two sisters from Ohio!  That was neat, since we are sisters from West Virginia. :)  The temple was beautiful and reminded me a lot of the San Antonio temple. 
On our last day, we wanted to do a Pinterest Day.  My neice and I had come up with a few things that were easy that we had both pinned and wanted to try.  We made jersey knit bracelets, which were a bit confusing at first, but once we understood how to make them, they were super easy and we made a ton. I think we probably made at least 5 for each of us, then the littler girls all wanted some, so I know we made at least 10 more.  Then we worked on the five-strand braided headband out of jersey as well. My sister had some old t-shirts she let us cut up, and when we wanted different colors, we ran down to DI and found a few more.  The directions for the headband that we had pinned were in Chinese and the pictures weren't really working for us, so we found a YouTube video and watched a few seconds of it that showed us how to braid the five-strand.  I think they turned out pretty nice.
 My sister made some marshmallow popcorn as her contribution to Pinterest Day. She looked through her pins for some yummy treat and it turned out yummy, for sure!  It tasted a bit like caramel popcorn, but didn't harden. It was just sticky and yummy.  Another thing I learned from them from Pinterest was to pop popcorn in the microwave in just a regular brown paper lunch bag. No oil needed and it tasted great, just like air popped.  And a lot cheaper than buying microwaveable popcorn. 
I had picked up some sparklers at the dollar store, so we did those our last night there.  I love sparklers and was having a hard time finding them.  I love the dollar store sometimes!
The kids were a little scared of them at first, but they enjoyed them by the end.

Our trip home was pretty uneventful until we were almost to Colorado.  We could see the wildfire smoke in the distance and saw where some parks were closed.  Once we made it into Colorado, the smoke was so bad, my eyes were burning.  We stopped in Fort Collins and it was pretty bad.  It was dark and gray as if there was a storm coming, but it was just from all the smoke from the wildfires.  I had to keep the AC off in the car because it just kept burning my eyes.  Then, of course, we hit traffic in Denver, so it took us an extra half hour to get home, but that's not bad. We were so glad to get home, but we did have a great trip.  I love my family!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure where to write this...

    I'm in love with the flowers on your background. You just have to smile when you see YELLOW flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete