Pages

Monday 4 June 2012

Graduations

We had two graduations back to back a couple weeks ago.  Yes, my kids are already into their second week of summer break! And I'm just now catching up!  Minnie had kindergarten graduation on Thursday and then Tink graduated from elementary school on Friday.  There were five kindergarten classes graduating, so it took quite a while.  The funny part was when they had all the kindergarteners stand and get the wiggles out.  They did it once because it was getting kind of loud in the gym, but then they did it again a second time and this time added on singing "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes."  One of my friends realized something was up, so she got up and went to see what it was.  Apparently, one of the kindergarteners stuck her head through the hole in the back of the chair and got stuck.  I heard that they had to cut her out, but I'm not sure if that part was true or not.  It just reminded me of the time when PC and I were newly married and just had one child (oh, wasn't life so different then!)  and we were attending the University ward.  There weren't too many children in that ward since we were all students, but one time there was a boy who stuck his head and arm through the hole in the chair and got stuck. I remember our friend who was speaking that day, just stopping and looking helpless for a second and then coming around to help the kid's mom.  It took a while and a few men to get him out, but made for a memory, that's for sure. 
But I digress.  Back to Minnie's graduation.  They sang a cute song, and I just love watching Minnie sing.  She sings with all her heart and soul.  I love it!  I think it's because for soooo long she would not talk to anyone in public.  She's still very quiet (Uncle Dan says she sounds like a little mouse) but when she sings, she belts it out and I feel so proud of her when I hear her!
Tink's graduation went a bit smoother.  We were all very proud of her when she received the Math Award.  She is loving math these days. 
We signed Bucko out of school early that day and we all went out to Chick-Fil-A for lunch.  (Bucko had a hard time saying goodbye.  They will be switching schools again because we'll be in our new house by the time school starts, so they will have to make all new friends.....again.  I didn't expect him to be so emotional, but we did love his teacher and he made some great friends.  Some who we will still keep in touch with even if we will live a few blocks farther away than we do now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment