Pages

Friday 19 November 2010

Tooth Fairy

Bucko has had a permanent tooth growing in, but his baby tooth in front of it hadn't fallen out yet. In fact, they weren't even very wiggly. Luckily, I asked the dentist about it at church and he told me that I should bring him in.  We were able to go in this afternoon and after looking at the x-rays and finding that the one beside it was looking about the same, he pulled both of his two bottom front teeth!  He is SO excited!  They gave him a cute little treasure chest to put his teeth in, and yes, the tooth fairy has already come tonight in case you were wondering. 
This dentist was amazing though.  The best pediatric dentist I have seen.  Bucko was so relaxed and calm. He had him giggling and enjoying the whole process.  He was very brave, but did cry at one point when he just wiggled it before giving him any medication.  Poor little guy. I felt awful for him.  I knew it was hurting, though, because I had tried to wiggle it for him and he would cry out in pain then too. I guess the new tooth just wouldn't let the other one have any wiggle room, so it would hurt when we would try to wiggle it.  But with some gas and localized numbing, Bucko didn't feel a thing and was shocked when he was told that he had not only lost one tooth, but two!!  He has been showing everyone his loss and his treasure chest with his teeth in it.  So sweet!

1 comment: