Pages

Wednesday 19 October 2022

I’m Immune to Everything



Bucko’s email from October 10:

 Good news! I haven't gotten sick yet by some miracle. It's a regular routine for the greeny missionaries to get pretty sick, especially in new countries and even more especially in Fiji. As far as I know, all the other new missionaries have gotten some kind of sickness, and even the ones who have been here for a while say they got sick at some point during the first two weeks or so. But not me! All I'm getting is a sick tan and stronger testimony. And a million bug bites but that doesn't count.


So things have been going great. We've been getting a lot of rain recently so I've been soaked for half the week, but the other half has been full of a lot of teaching and meetings. There continue to be people who surprise me around every corner, and believe me when I say there are a lot of corners here. I've only gotten lost a couple hundred times. But each house we pass by has awesome potential, and that's been very evident this past week. The conversations we have and the questions we get asked are all bringing people closer to Christ. There are still plenty of people who aren't interested in hearing anything about the church, but that's completely fine! I can stand around here talking about God all day, but ultimately I'm not the one teaching them. All I have to do is bring the Spirit to them and go from there.

More good news, I actually have some pictures this week! None from my little camera but we took a couple with the phone so that's wonderful.

Random Stuff
-barely anything is illegal here, there are so many people doing some crazy stuff
-the sun is warming up
-hot rain doesn't feel good if you're wearing a suit
-personal study is very very important!
-sulus are not very convenient if it's windy
-mosquitos can and will go for the bottoms of your feet
-rugby and volleyball are even bigger here than football and basketball is in America 
-everyone wears blue shirts all the time
-sugar is more like sand here
-music is pretty different! Fijians tend to have very loud and proud voices so they sing like a choir a lot without any instruments or background music

Mormon 9:9

Pictures:
-me outside a village we've been teaching at
-wet floor sign during a thunderstorm


His mission President often posts other pictures. Here are a few I’ve snagged:


No comments:

Post a Comment