Pages

Friday 12 January 2018

Christmas Break

 Our good friend we knew in San Antonio that I used to interpret for, came out to Colorado to visit. We had planned on all going out for dinner, but I mixed up the days and Tink and I were committed to going to the Relief Society Christmas activity. So PC was the only one able to meet up with him, but they had a good time. They even dress alike!
 The Relief Society did a progressive dinner and at each house there was a woman dressed as someone from the time of Christ's birth. There was the innkeepers wife, a shepherd's wife, and then Mary, the mother of Jesus. They said they prayed about it and wanted me to be the one to represent Mary. What an honor! I was so nervous, but felt like it went well. Tink sang "O, Holy Night" with two of my friends. One of her friends "sang" as well. I say it like that because she was so sick, she could barely talk but still stood behind them and sang as loud as she could. I snapped a picture. I cried when my friend on the right lost it. She just had a baby so is still emotional and after having just represented Mary, my tears were close to the surface. It was a beautiful way to bring in the Christmas season.
 Tink and I went out on a Mommy/Daughter date with our friends to the Fat Shack. Tink and her friend had heard about it from their English teacher and really wanted to go try it out. It was definitely different but really good! They make sandwiches with the meat, french fries, and all the toppings together. I love the picture above because it shows how much fun Tink was having. I'm so glad she has such a great friend. They both want to go to BYU and maybe even room together. 
 I had a fun day with another of my good friends. Her husband is deployed, so we had planned to do stuff together. Her daughter wanted to throw her a surprise birthday party, so my job was to keep her out of the house. We went shopping and then got pedicures. When we got back to her house, everyone was waiting and completely surprised her! It was so much fun!
 PC and I went out to see the new Star Wars movie.
 While watching The Grinch Stole Christmas, Shortcake really wanted her hair done like Cindy Lou Who. The Grinch was definitely the movie of choice this holiday season. Both little girls asked to watch it almost daily it seemed!
 Minnie had a friend over one day and they learned how to do makeup from my visiting teacher who is a Mary Kay consultant. They loved it!
 Minnie's class also acted out the Nativity for sharing time in Primary. She got to be Mary too.

No comments:

Post a Comment