Pages

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Ward Christmas Party

The YW and YM were in charge of the Ward Christmas Party. We chose to do a Polar Express themed breakfast with Santa visiting at the end. We spent five hours setting up the day before, but it looked great in the end. I forgot to take pictures like I wanted, but I got a few and snagged some from a friend as well. We had karaoke available during the breakfast. My friend and I sang "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" to get it started. I found my ugly Christmas sweater at The Arc. We went to two ugly sweater parties this year and I wore it to this party as well, so I definitely got good use out of it. We showed a DVD of the Polar Express book being read. Then the bishop talked about believing in Jesus Christ and how that is the true meaning of Christmas. (He was dressed as the Conductor.) 
My wonderful Laurel Advisor and her husband were Santa and Mrs. Claus. She worked so hard to get the North Pole room just right. It looked great. 

 I thought Shortcake would be so excited when Santa came in, but. . .
she ran straight to me and wouldn't leave my lap. Wouldn't go near Santa! But she did look outside and said she saw his reindeer!

No comments:

Post a Comment