Pages

Monday 7 December 2015

Pagosa

When PC found out that his new job was not going to start until November, we decided to head out of town during the second week of fall break.  There was availability at the place we stayed in Pagosa Springs two years ago, so we decided to head down there again. We took advantage of all the fun resort activities. We were able to go on a couple of easy hikes too. They had to be easy since I was still recovering from my gall bladder surgery. (Yeah, that happened. My doctor was pretty sure I had gall stones when I was pregnant, but we had to wait to do an abdominal ultrasound until after she was born. It was so bad the ultrasound tech even told me I had stones in there. At my post-op appointment he said I had had over 50 stones in my gall bladder and chronic swelling. He said I've had this problem for at least five years! I think that a lot of times I thought I was having IBS was really just gall stones. I definitely feel better now that it is gone!)
The first night we went to the campfire and s'more night. Then we played on the playground and the volleyball court. It was chilly, but fun. The pictures didn't turn out the best, but you can see how much fun everyone was having at least!

We did Kids Krafts the next day. They made rain makers, wooden snakes, bags, and bug catchers. 

 
Our first hike was to Treasure Mountain Falls. We saw a rainbow on the way. I was only able to catch it a little bit with the camera. You can see that picture from my sneak peek post here.
One of our favorite activities at the resort is Boogie Bingo. It's just normal Bingo, except when you win you have to dance (boogie) up to the prize table. It's a lot of fun. Debra, one of the ladies that worked there, loved the kids and took care of them all week. When Shortcake was bored, she would pull out sticker sheets like this one and Shortcake would have a blast too.
 We also hiked to the Piedra Falls since it was an easy hike as well. It was chilly up in the mountains. We saw some hunters on the drive up to the trail head, as well as several deer. It was really pretty though. Shortcake wanted me to take her picture beside every rock and tree trunk. She's not camera shy at all!

Other days we enjoyed swimming in the pool . . .
 playing miniature golf . . .
and trying to recreate a picture we took two years ago. (We didn't remember the correct order of everyone, but you can see that picture from my post here.)
 And we had to take another with Shortcake in the picture as well.
There was a lot of down time as well. I had to write a research paper for school that week and some days were rainy/snowy and we spent most of those days inside. There was a family fun center to play air hockey, Foosball, arcade games, Xbox, and other fun things. We watched MacFarland USA one day (in pics below) and when we were packing up to leave, we saw a hot air balloon. Shortcake wanted to ride in it so bad, but we had to settle for just getting her picture with it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a fun trip!! And I just realized I haven't ever met your youngest two-- okay maybe Shortcake when she was a tiny baby but I can't remember. Looks like we're overdue for a visit! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete