Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2013

End of Busy Boys

Oh, how much fun I have had teaching Goofy and his friends in our Busy Boys Preschool this year.  I have been so impressed with how well four and five-year-old boys play together!  At least these four cute boys did!  It was so neat to see them grow throughout the year. I can understand how proud teachers can be of their students now.  For our final hurrah, we all met at the park.  Funny story about getting there.  I had never been to this particular park, though it is pretty close to us.  My friends had told me what road to turn on and how to get there, so I figured I wouldn't have any problems.  Unfortunately, I was thinking that this particular road was off of a different road than it really was, so I was driving all over this road looking for this other road and could not find it!  So I cross the main road and pull over to the side, out of the way.  (I had just passed a cop, so I made sure I wasn't too close to a fire hydrant or stop sign.)  I get out my GPS and start to plug in the road, when I look in my rearview mirror and see that the cop has turned around and is parked behind me now.  He comes up to me and asks if this is my vehicle.  I confirm that it is and he says that is interesting since they had an incident a few days earlier that involved the exact make, model and color as my vehicle very close to this very area where I had decided to pull over.  I am thinking, "Oh, good grief."  So I explained that I was lost and looking for this park. He hadn't heard of the park, so goes back to see if dispatch knows where it is.  Oh and by the way, can I just see your driver's license.  So I know he went and did a check, which was fine because, obviously, it wasn't me that was involved in whatever this incident was that had taken place!  Anyway, I found the park, and when I was relating the story to my friends, they said they had heard about some teenagers going around and knocking on doors. If someone answered, they would say they lost their dog or cat and ask if they had seen it, but if no one answered, they would break in and steal things.  Apparently, they were driving around in a minivan, so that is probably what was going on.  Anyway, it was definitely an odd experience.
Back to our picnic at the park.  We had a lot of fun and the boys probably could have stayed and played all day.  It was bittersweet, as one family was moving that week.  Goodbyes are always hard, so we always say they are just "See ya laters" because you never know when we will see them again.  And I know we will.
At one point, we look over and see all the boys climbing up the outside of the slide.  Of course, once one of them was brave enough to make it over, they all had to do it. 
I can't believe my "little boy" will start kindergarten soon.  He's just not so little anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment