Pages

Friday 22 February 2013

Baby Girl Arrives!

I had contractions the whole weekend of my birthday.  By Tuesday, they had gotten really strong and 4 minutes apart, so I went in. I wasn't changing much though, so they had me walk the halls for an hour and checked me again. I changed just slightly, but not enough to keep me.  They figured I would need to come back that night in real labor, but my doc said if I still hadn't had her by morning, to come to his office and he would help me along.  So luckily, Wednesday morning, the 15th, I went in to see him and dilated to 4 cm and 80% effaced. He said that was good enough for him and sent me over to the hospital.  He came over at 10:30 and broke my water.  The contractions started coming stronger and I got an epidural at 12:15 pm.  The anesthesiologist was in the next room and had to go to a c-section so it was get it then or wait another hour or more. I figured I'd been in pain for long enough (days, in fact), so I went ahead and got it.  They started giving me a little pitocin a couple hours later.  I was feeling great.  Couldn't feel the contractions at all with the epidural until 3:30pm and then I felt like they were lower and a little pressure. The nurse checked me and baby girl was ready to make her debut! So she got the doc and I pushed her out at the next contraction.  Easiest delivery I have ever had!  She bruised my tailbone and I have been having pain with that since, but everything else had been great.  Recovery has been easy.  And she is precious! She weighed in at 8 pounds 1.5 ounces and 21 1/4 inches long.  She was born at 3:36 pm on February 13. 
I know I have a big, goofy smile on my face, but I just couldn't help it! I was so glad she was finally here!  They took her to get her first bath, and PC got a few pictures of that as well.
One of my good friends came to the hospital and took pictures when the kids arrived.  I am excited to see how those turned out.  The kids were all enthralled with her and love her so much.  She is such a great addition to our little family.  Love her!
Here are a few more pictures I took with my iPad while I was in the hospital.

1 comment:

  1. Love her already!! And you look great! The big "goofy" smile (as you called it) is incredible! You look so elated! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete