Pages

Sunday 30 December 2012

Fun with Family

One wonderful things about living here is having family close at the holidays.  It has been so great for the kids to be with their cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents during their break from school.  One day while we were all at Nana and Papa's house, I suggested we play musical chairs. It was lots of fun and turned into a dance party in the middle.
They have all loved having their uncle come in from college.  I think he has enjoyed it too, since he keeps saying how he will miss them all when he has to go back.  Whenever he walks in the house, he has at least three kids running to him and giving him hugs (usually more than three, I'd just say that's the average).  They all want to help him and be with him all the time.  Here's my little Goofy helping him paint at Nana's.
We tried to all go to a movie on base yesterday, but no one showed up to run it, so we ended up just renting the movie and coming back here to watch it.  We popped popcorn and had candy and just enjoyed being together.  It was "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" and we all enjoyed it.  Cute movie.
Then last night, I took the kids out to a local Mexican restaurant to celebrate mine and PC's anniversary.  Who should walk in? Nana, Papa, and two of my brother-in-laws.  So we scooted some chairs together, and had a nice dinner together.  It really is great having family close.  Often makes me miss my own more, but I am at least grateful for the family we do have close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment