Pages

Saturday 6 October 2012

Pumpkin Patch

Today we went to the Pumpkin Patch.  It was up past Monument and we had bought a deal from Living Social.  It was the coldest day so far this season (high of 35 degrees F), but it was the only day we could go.  So we bundled up with several layers and tried to enjoy ourselves.  I think everyone had fun until they started getting too cold.  We spent about an hour and a half there, so our extremities were starting to feel the cold pretty well.  The first thing we did was run over to the slide.  Oh yeah, it snowed last night and up here it actually stuck to the ground.  You can see it on the hay bales.  Goofy loved the slide the most and went down it more than anyone else!
We then headed over to the tractor hayride.  That was fun, but a little chilly.  They had some fake animals spread out over the course it took, and the kids had fun looking for all of them, especially the fox when the driver told us he didn't believe there was a fox out there. 
The other fun thing we did was the gourd launcher.  The kids loved using the big slingshots to shoot the small gourds.  I also got a good picture of everyone (except me, of course) on top of the hay bale pyramid.  Boy, do I love these guys!
After the pumpkin patch, we headed up to Ikea.  We stopped at Chick-fil-A in Castle Rock for lunch.  We bought shelves for the family room at Ikea.  We also picked up the baby crib, mattress, and changing table.  It was a good day.  And tonight while PC was at the priesthood session for general conference, I flipped on this morning's session and was surprised and excited to hear President Monson's announcement that the age for missionaries was being lowered to 18 for boys and 19 for girls! I had the kids come up and hear it too and we figured out that Tink could be going on a mission in 8 short years!  Minnie asked me why I was crying and I told her it was so exciting I couldn't hold it in.  That, plus all the hormones right now that I cry at just about anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment