Pages

Thursday 25 October 2012

Our House....Main Floor

Some people have asked for pictures of our house and I also want to document it, so because I had to stay home again today (final inspection on the new AC unit), I thought I'd take a few pictures.  Sorry they are all kind of blurry.  I think the light coming in from outside was just too bright for my camera to handle.  Plus, the reflection off of the snow we got last night probably didn't help!
This is the living room.  We bought these couches here when we first bought the house and before any of our household goods arrived.  We found the storage ottomon at HomeGoods and snatched it up. The pillows were harder and took me a long time to find some, but I like how they turned out.
  We are planning on getting another love seat for in front of the bay window.  The bench that is there now is the bench for our dining room table, but we aren't using the bench seat now.
In this next picture you can see the entryway, staircase, and hallway leading to the bathroom.  We plan on PC making an entry table or finding one somewhere someday to put beneath his facsimile he got on his mission.  (That's the big round wooden thing on the wall.)

This is the dining room, off of the living room.  We just love all the plantation blinds on this floor. They are so nice!
This is the family room, off of the kitchen.  The sliding door to the backyard is on the right, but you can't see that.  In the top left corner you can see part of our little loft in the upstairs.  I also love the little alcove in the hallway. I like it when builders put things like that in, instead of just a plain wall.  It even has a light inside it.
Here's another view in the family room so you can see the shelves we put up from Ikea.  I still need to put something on the top shelf, but this is it for now.
This next one is the kicthen, obviously. We love that the cabinets go all the way to the ceiling so it maximizes the space.  The corian countertops are also nice and clean up easily.
And this last one shows the breakfast nook off of the kitchen.  That is my pantry on the right, and I love the bay window here as well.
Well, hope you've enjoyed my little tour.  I didn't get a picture of our den yet, so that will have to be another day!

1 comment: