Pages

Sunday 8 January 2012

Thoughts

As I was holding my youngest in my lap tonight, I revelled in the love that radiates from three-year-olds.  My baby isn't such a baby anymore, but oh what sweetness!  As I held his little hand in mine, snuggling like there's no tomorrow, I couldn't help but start the "I wish I could always remember the way...." Fill in the blank, if you will. 
I wish I could remember every milestone perfectly.
I wish I could remember all the sweet things they say and do.
I wish I could remember how they looked at every age and stage.
And on and on.
Then, I moved on and started thinking of all the things that I will never forget.
I'll never forget the feeling when they first get hiccups in the womb.
I'll never forget the smell of baby powder everywhere and the warmth and love that smell brings.
I'll never forget the way they grab for your attention, often literally. 
I'll never forget the "pitter patter of little feet" running around upstairs.
I'll never forget how they love to be sung to, read to, snuggled with.
I'll never forget the joy I have discovered from being a mother.
I'll never forget the love they give so freely and the feeling of being surrounded completely with love.
I'll never forget the first time I held each in my arms and how they each immediately stopped crying.
And so this list seemed to go on farther than the first, and I stopped worrying about the things that I won't remember perfectly and revelled in the memories I hold so dear.

2 comments:

  1. I've been feeling this kind of contentment in my life lately, too. Thanx for sharing! This post made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis brought tears to my eyes. Most of the time in my life is spent in "craziness" and you just made me realize that I really need to take more time and concentrate on all the thing I won't forget. Thanks Gina

    ReplyDelete