Pages

Tuesday 24 January 2012

First Birthdays of 2012



 Papa's was first, then a week later we celebrated Nana's. We've started our birthday celebrations. We have 4 more int his house in the next couple of months, so we may as well get used to it.
Papa was able to go to a bluegrass jam on his birthday. He loves those. We made Texas Beef Skillet for dinner and made a sugar free Striped Delight for his "cake." It really wasn't too bad.


 For Nana we sort of celebrated twice. Her birthday was on a Friday, but PC's brother wanted to come over too and couldn't make it Friday night, so we celebrated Saturday as well. Friday we made chicken Parmesan and then Saturday I made this pasta sauce I learned from a friend who served his mission in Italy.  We did crepes Friday night and made a trifle/punch bowl cake for Saturday. So we've had lots of goodies lately. So much for the holiday eating to be done!!

PC's brother had surgery on his left ear a week ago as well.  After it was over, the doc said that 95% of his eardrum was eroded away. So they rebuilt it with skin from behind his ear. Hopefully it will help him hear better.  Poor guy. It has been a pretty easy recovery. He was in pain for a few days, but really didn't complain at all.  He only had to wear this contraption for a day.
I pulled my back out last week so was pretty incapacitated for a few days. (I just bent down in Wal-Mart to look at something and when I stood up, I felt it go out. Hurt like the dickens.)  I didn't want to just lay around doing nothing, so I started working on their family history. It has been so fun.  Today, PC's sister called and mentioned that she was doing a free trial of ancestry.com so we've both gotten the bug! It's been so fun finding them!
The bad thing about hurting my back, though, was that I really couldn't exercise.  I shouldn't complain about a forced week off, but it sure felt good to go back to the gym today.  I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, but that's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment