Pages

Saturday 11 June 2011

Tortoise and Hare 5-K

Today we did the Tortoise and Hare race.  We participated last year as well, but I was nursing an overworked knee, so Bucko and I walked it. We were the Tortoises.  This year we were all Hares.  PC ran with Goofy and Minnie in the double jogging stroller, and Tink rode her bike with them.  Bucko rode his bike and stayed with me.  PC and his group finished in 22 minutes and 30 seconds.  Very good! They placed 2nd in the family division.  Bucko and I finished around 30 minutes, which was fine by me.  It was fun. We had several friends who also were there and that made it all the more fun.  They had a raffle afterwards and we all ended up with t-shirts and the kids received dolls, balls, and noisemakers.  Afterwards we stopped at the pizza place for lunch. Yum. I'm really going to miss their yummy alfredo pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment