Pages

Sunday 20 February 2011

Birthdays!

Happy, happy birthday! It feels like February is just birthday month for us. I turned the big 3-0 on the 8th. Ouch, yes, I know.  It was a wonderful day, though. The sun was shining all day--I do believe someone must have ordered that weather for me. My sister made me breakfast and lunch. A few of my good neighbor friends came over for lunch or stopped by with a gift.  Friends from church stopped by, and others called to wish me happy birthday. It was so nice.  My sister made my favorite: our homemade version of Johnny Carino's bowtie festival. Yum!!  So since I HAD to turn 30, I couldn't have asked for a better day (other than my PC being there, but that's out of the question for right now--no use dwelling on it!).
Strawberry Shortcake for lunch dessert!

Getting some lovin' from my kids at dinner.

Striped Delight for my real cake after dinner. Tink made it herself.
The 18th brought along Bucko's 7th birthday.  He and Goofy have been counting down the days until their birthdays as soon as mine was over.  How fun to turn a year older when you are that age! 
Can you not feel the excitement with that expression?  And Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake--yum.

Bucko has been asking for a violin for over 2 years now. When a friend agreed to give him lessons, I decided it was time to get him one. He's very happy.

Auntie K got him a cup that when you drink from it, it gives you a pig nose. :)

I received a notebook for my birthday and started a Mother-Daughter journal with Tink. We write letters to each other and leave the book on the other one's bed after we've written. Bucko really liked this idea and wanted to do one with me, so I bought him a notebook for us to start a Mother-Son journal.

Nintendo DS has been at the top of his wish list for the past 2 years as well.  We would never have gotten him one, but my older sister mentioned that they were going to get rid of theirs because they had bought iTouches for their kids at Christmas.  So she sent Bucko one of their DS's and a bunch of games.  Can you see the surprise, disbelief, and excitement on his face?


Goofy turned 3 on the 19th. My baby is getting so big! I mean really he's not a baby at all anymore.  He asked for spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, which was so nice for me, because that is the easiest meal in the world to make!  But so messy for him.  He loved it though!

Ice cream cake with a ball candle

All the kids have had fun with this voice changer he got.  It is pretty awesome. You can sound like a chipmunk or Darth Vader and a bunch in between.

He finally got his own Webkinz Jr.  He was so happy and Tink went with him to set up his account right away.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to almost all of the Colemans!!! Birthday smiles are the best smiles. I'm glad EVERYONE had great days:)

    ReplyDelete