Pages

Monday 30 August 2010

First Day of School

First day of school! First day of school! Wake up, Dad!
Yes, I am quoting "Finding Nemo."  We all were quoting it this morning as we tried to get back into the morning scramble, I mean routine, of getting ready for school and out the door.  Oh the excitement! The nerves!  Tink started 4th grade today, which just amazes me. She's one of the old kids at school now.  Bucko is in first grade. They were both so excited and had a great day.  I did really well and only teared up a couple times.  The worst was when Goofy asked on the way home, "<Tink>...home?" and I had to tell him, that no she wasn't going home with us.  They had a busy day, though, and it amazed me how much more Goofy talks when there are less kids around to interrupt him!
Their school mascot is the hedgehog, and they had this cute new sign where we HAD to take pictures!

We are really happy with both of their teachers. I think they will be great for them.  Welcome back to school!

1 comment:

  1. They both look so big and grown up. And is it actually chilly enough to be wearing JEANS & JACKETS to school now? Wow! Sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete