Pages

Saturday 4 November 2017

Time Out for Women

When I heard Time Out for Women was going to be in Castle Rock this year, I did not want to miss it! So I bought the tickets for myself, my mother-in-law, and two friends from my ward. We had SO much fun!
The speakers were absolutely amazing and I left feeling so uplifted and inspired to work harder and be better.
 Laurel C. Day has always been an inspiration to me. She was the first one I went to get a picture with! This time she spoke about tears and how she views tears as shedding the old "me" and embracing and molding the new me. She talked about the different kinds of tears, like the tears of laughter, tears of sorrow, and tears of sacred/reverence.
 Anthony Sweat is a religion teacher at BYU and talked about faith, hope, and charity. His talk is one that has stuck with me as it completely changed my understanding of these virtues. For example, he spoke about how charity is not just about service. Charity is the love of God and our love for Him. This relationship is charity! And it affects us more than any other gift. He said, "Feeling love changes people, and feeling divine love divinely changes people." The whole talk was amazing and I have 3 pages of notes!
 This isn't a speaker, but was one of my favorite parts of TOFW. She is one special girl who used to live in our ward but has moved across town so I just don't get to see her very often. Her smile is the best as well as her hugs!
Mary Ellen Edmunds is always a hoot. She talked about prayer and how it is a privilege and the hardest work we can ever be engaged in. She talked about praying with maturity; wrestle, plead, cry, and hunger. 
Jenny Reeder is just amazing. Her story was shared in conference and she is so strong and inspiring!
Calee Reed provided the music on Saturday which was just awesome. One of our favorite things she talked about, though, was being broken. She shared this about a type of Japanese pottery called kintsugi.
This type of pottery is highly prized and viewed as even more beautiful for having been broken. She said, "There are things to be learned while you wander, there is good to be done while you wait."
Sister Elaine Dalton and Tim Ballard spoke on Friday evening, and both of those were absolutely amazing too! Sister Dalton talked about holy habits and righteous routines. Brother Ballard talked about how "covenant makers are miracle chasers." The stories he shares are amazing. He shared how we must prepare and need to fill our lamps with light to withstand the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment