Pages

Thursday 14 July 2016

West Virginia, Part 2

 On Tuesday we drove another two hours to go visit PC's sister and to take the kids to see my Mom's homeplace where she grew up. It was great to see cousins on both sides of our family on this trip. Uncle D grilled for us and we had such a fun time together. It was so beautiful up there, I loved taking pictures! They named the road after my Grandpa. I had never seen the sign, so I thought that was really cool.
 I wanted to take the kids to Indian Rock (also known as Picnic Rock to some in the family). I always remember walking down to this rock with my Grandma and having picnics down there. The kids all enjoyed it as well. I loved seeing my Aunt S, too.  The kids enjoyed climbing, hiking, and swinging. It was too quick, but so worth it!
We even went down to the "cave." This is where they have found many arrowheads in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment