Pages

Thursday 14 July 2016

West Virginia, Part 1

 After two long days driving in the car, we made it to West Virginia. It was so nice seeing my parents and siblings again. Many of them met Rosie for the first time. We arrived late on a Saturday night, so the first day there involved getting up and heading to church. I had brought my hair dryer and straightener, but after I spent ten minutes trying to dry my hair, I gave up. The rest of the week, I just let the humidity take it to its curly max. Rosie's hair curled a lot in the humidity too, which it doesn't have much curl at all in Colorado. I was able to see two of my brothers and their families at church, which was nice. After church, we went over to see my nieces' new house. They both have Angelman's Syndrome so they will always have care provided for them, but this is a huge step for them to have a little more "freedom." They are growing up and my brother and sister (in-law) are now dealing with being empty-nesters (not an easy feat for anyone!). 
 Sunday evening, we spent on a walk and just enjoying the time together with Grandma and Grandpa. Bucko found a frog which made him really happy. The kids all had fun climbing on the haystacks.
 One thing we miss in Colorado are lightning bugs. (Though I think I saw one here this summer, so maybe we do get them sometimes.) Shortcake was SO excited when she would catch one. You can see her face in the picture holding one, she can barely contain her excitement!
 On Monday, we met up at the park for a picnic. It was so hot and humid. We hadn't adjusted yet at all to the humidity, so we ended up going to the church and eating ice cream to end our outing.
 We did Family Home Evening that night with one brother and his family. That was a lot of fun. We played "Solemn Occasion" with them for games, which the Colemans were not very good at. And the kids all caught more lightning bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment