Pages

Saturday 23 January 2016

Service


We have been trying to do more service with the youth at church. My 1st counselor in Young Women's decided she wanted to take them downtown with some sack lunches to hand out to the homeless. We also gathered up some winter clothing to hand out as well. It was an absolutely amazing experience. We had beautiful weather and were able to help several people. The first guy I talked to was so sweet. He was so appreciative of the lunch and then asked if the clothing we had set out was for free. He picked up the only pair of men's boots we had and said, "You've got to be kidding. These are my size! I've been looking everywhere for some boots!" It made us feel so good! I got into a long discussion with a man who helps out the homeless regularly. He used to be on the streets and got to a really low point. Ready to commit suicide, he realized he had value and could use his life to help others. He got himself straightened out and now helps the homeless find hope through Christ. I talked to him about my own beliefs and even gave him a Book of Mormon, testifying to him that it is another testament of Jesus Christ and goes hand in hand with the Bible. He promised to read it and ask God if it was true. I hope he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment