Pages

Monday 4 January 2016

Laundry Soap

My friend gave me her recipe to make laundry soap and I have been waiting until I ran out of the liquid soap I had before I made it. I am almost out now, so decided I better get to it. Our Walmart was out of a few ingredients so I had to run down to the one closer to town to pick up the super washing soda and borax. It was actually a lot of fun to make, though I will definitely wear a mask next time. All the mixing together creates a lot of dust so beware if you ever decide to make your own!
First you have to grate the Zote soap. So I used my Kitchenaid for that.
Then you have to mix that up with the other stuff, so Shortcake helped me mix it up in the bucket.
When it's all done, you put it into the containers. It works really well too! PC recently grabbed one of his shirts because he wanted me to use the Fels-Naptha on it to get a stain out that he said had been in there for a couple washes. But in the most recent wash I had used this new laundry soap and the stain was gone!
I'm not sure how long one batch will last, but I filled two containers and you only use 1 or 2 tablespoons per load so it should last a while.

1 comment: