Pages

Sunday 14 June 2015

Camping 2

Yes, we went camping again this week as well. I do believe that if I am ever pregnant and we decide to go camping when I am only a month away or so from delivering, we will get a cabin.  We had wanted to go with PC's brother and family and it worked out that we could go this past Thursday night. We knew it was supposed to rain, but we really didn't expect it to be that bad.  Yeah, it kind of was. It rained so hard, then thundered/lightning, then hail, then back to rain and do it all again. I love Minnie and Tink's faces in these next two pictures. They really capture the mood!

 The rain did stop for about a half an hour and we all warmed up around the fire and sang songs. I think that was the best part of the whole trip.

 This was the "river" running through our feet while the rain poured down.

We were worried we wouldn't get much sleep because it was raining so hard, but it actually didn't rain through the night much. Of course, it started right up in the morning, though. We were all ready to just get out of there and get home to a warm shower. PC kept reminding us that this would make for great memories, and he was right! I'll never forget Shortcake waking up in the morning and opening the tent, coming out in her socks and crying for me. I was in the Suburban waiting for everyone else to wake up. Her socks were soaked, but she was happy to find me.

1 comment: