Pages

Thursday 2 April 2015

Another Year Older

 February is definitely our big birthday month. Mine kicks off the celebrations. I had a yummy trifle for my cake and enjoyed being with my family.
Shortcake's birthday fell on a Saturday, so we invited all the family nearby to come over for a big birthday celebration. We celebrated the boys birthdays that day too, but we just made a cake for Shortcake.  She loves Dora the Explorer and I found the template of how to make one, so I did that. I think it turned out well. She was really excited about it and keeps talking about how she blew out the candles and ate her Dora cake.
One of the funniest things that happened that day was when Shortcake opened her card from Nana and Papa. She saw Abe Lincoln on the $5 bill inside and said, "Daddy!" And then just set it aside. It was so funny!  I guess PC looks a bit like Abraham Lincoln with his beard!  
For Bucko's birthday, we made the yummy triple chocolate brownie cake that we love. He got a bo staff for his present, along with a book and game.




 For Goofy's birthday, we had pistachio nut cake. He got some Lego figures and a book.  We were lucky to have my parents here for both Bucko's and Goofy's birthday. They were on their way home from their mission in Oregon. It was so nice to have them here!


No comments:

Post a Comment