Pages

Sunday 3 August 2014

Fireworks

We had fireworks this year for the 4th of July!  It was so nice.  They did a great fireworks show in our neighborhood on the 3rd.  I had class that night, but met up with PC, the kids, and Nana and Papa to watch the fireworks.  I had on a skirt though, and it was chilly (in the 50's) and misting.
For the 4th, we had some family over.  Shortcake loved her baby cousin.  It was nice to just relax and enjoy each others company.
 We "babysat" our neighbor's/friend's two hamsters for them that weekend as well.  Shortcake loved them. One of them warmed up to us and came out and played the last night we had them.  The kids loved having them.  I'm still not sure I'm ready for a pet though.
 I just love it when Shortcake sits and reads with one of her older siblings.  Tink has really helped out a lot with Shortcake, and they get along really well together.
 I signed up to be a House Party host and got selected for the Hasbro game night. They sent me three brand new games to try out for free.  We had a party with a few friends and had a lot of fun playing them.  My favorite was the new Catch Phrase.  It has eras to pick from and uses words from that specified era.  I have also had a blast with Bop It Beats.  So far, no one has beat my high score.  Simon Swipe is fun, and thankfully they put a volume button on that one!  



No comments:

Post a Comment