Pages

Monday 10 January 2011

Thankful

What a beautiful world we live in!  Tink asked me to wake her up a bit earlier this morning so I could curl her hair for school. (We curled hers and Minnie's for church yesterday, and they looked so cute!)  Well, since they were all up and ready earlier than normal, we had time to notice things. The sunrise was amazing! Tink saw it first, running in to say "The sky is PINK!" We don't get to see the sunrise very often in the winter here, so we were really excited because it was absolutely gorgeous. The pink and orange colors were so vibrant. I ran up to my room and took a picture out my window.  They loved having the sun up for their walk to school. It can be so dark and dreary most days.  This was also the second day in a row to have sunshine.  It's amazing how your spirits can be lifted with light.  It's also amazing how much my sensitive blue eyes can hurt from the sun! Gave me a splitting headache while driving this morning! 
Well, here is the sunrise.
 And I have just been so thankful for my family lately as well.  My kids give me such hope. I see their strength, faith, and love every day.  I am amazed by them.  I feel so blessed to have been trusted with their special spirits.  I hope I can teach them what they need to learn.
 The girls got new dresses that were very similar, so they really wanted to wear them.  Then the boys decided to wear their blue striped shirts.  They all looked so beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! And that sunset is GORGEOUS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete