Pages

Sunday 16 December 2018

Ornament Exchange

We had our annual ornament exchange last week. I had planned on making these cute snowflakes out of the pages of a Bible, but as I started making them, I realized they were going to be huge! So I decided to use only one part of them and make them a leaf. I added a cute hanger, bow, and a tag with a quote by William Butler Yeats that said, "Though leaves are many, the root is one." I liked this as a reminder that we are the "leaves" and Jesus Christ is our "root." I think they turned out well.
 And I had to make 19 of them, so I made a few extra as well.
 The night we get together to exchange them is always a blast. We go around and hear each person's story about why they chose their ornament and any struggles they encountered in making theirs. I shared how I wanted to put a scripture or quote on mine about leaves and the only leaves in the scriptures were talking about coverings for Adam and Eve or the olive branch! Another fun one was my friend who did the door knocker. She was sharing with her husband how she thought maybe she should add glitter to it, so that afternoon he called her and said, "So did you glitter your knockers?" It was so funny and we were all laughing and joking with her about glittering her knockers for Christmas.

 Our silly group.
 And we started a new tradition of hanging each of our ornaments on the tree. What a great group and fun tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment