Pages

Monday 17 September 2018

Homecoming

Tink went to Homecoming with a sweet guy from our ward. They lived here when we first moved to Colorado but moved to England about 2 years later. They've been gone for the past 4 years, but are now back and our oldest kids have hit it off. They both run cross country, so he had the best way to ask her to the dance. They hiked the Incline on Labor Day and at the top, he had a poster that said, "I'd be so eXCited if you would run to Homecoming with me..." It was so cute! Tink was so excited! We quickly ordered a dress, which ended up not being in stock so we had to go with this one, but she looked great in it! We got her sparkly Vans so she would be comfortable and not dying in heels! We had fun getting ready and I loved that one of her YW leaders wanted to come see her before she left. That one is my favorite because you can see how much fun they have together.
Don't they look great?
 The back was super pretty, but that took me over a half an hour to lace up!
He even got her a corsage! We totally blanked getting a boutonniere! They had a blast though. A little after they left, I got a text from a friend that said, "Just in case you're wondering how [Tink] is doing," along with this picture:
They had been out to eat at the same restaurant Tink went to with her date! Love that I have spies who can send my surveillance photos!

1 comment: