Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2018

One Month

I have put off posting about this for a long time, but tonight I finally feel like writing. One of our good friends passed away one month ago after a twelve year battle with cancer. He left behind a young wife and three little girls. My girls are good friends with them, and we all absolutely adore his wife. Paul was Tink's Sunday School teacher for almost two years. He loved those kids he taught so much and worried so much about them. I hope Tink never forgets what she learned from him.
There have been so many tears shed in our house in the past month. Many times I felt like I wasn't "worthy" to cry for his passing as I know how much harder it is for his wife to get through this. But then I would remind myself that I have covenanted with God to "mourn with those that mourn." And honestly, I know Paul is much better off where he is now, free from physical pain. But my friend is struggling. My tears are for her. My heart wants to leap out of my chest and comfort her somehow, but everything just comes out in tears. She is an absolutely amazing woman whom I have looked up to since I've known her. She has a strength within her that I know will get her through this, but I also know that she cannot recognize right now. But she's taking it one day at a time, and she is recognizing the good days.
The funeral was beautiful. His dad shared some funny and sweet stories that had us laughing, nodding our heads in agreement, and crying, all within a few seconds of each other. I took a half box of tissues, and we used every single one. Probably should have taken a full box.
 One of the best quotes from the funeral was, "There are two kinds of people: those who loved Paul and those who hadn't met him." So true.

1 comment: