Pages

Monday 5 March 2018

Almost Heaven

At the beginning of March, I was able to fly to Washington, D.C. to attend the sealing of my brother to his wife and children. It was a whirlwind weekend, but so much fun! I arrived Thursday afternoon, so my parents picked me up and we went to the temple to do some work. My friend, Lisa, was able to drive down and meet us! So fun to see her again! We went out to eat at a restaurant called Chatter. I was exhausted and slept as soon as we got to the hotel. My parents had to go pick up my sisters late at night, but I had my earplugs in and slept the whole night long. 

 We woke up to some pretty fierce winds. When we got to the temple, their power was out! So the sealing was performed in the dark with lanterns! What a neat experience. It was so nice to be with family and friends. We then drove to Morgantown for a reception in their honor. I was able to see even more friends I hadn't seen in years. So much fun!







 We drove home after the reception, so didn't get there until really late. The next morning was relaxing and so fun to just be in the home and area I where I grew up. I went down to the basement and took pictures of the pictures my parents had that I had painted. The bottom two are the basement wall they let me paint! I was young, but they were so sweet to let me do it.
 We then drove into town so we could see my nieces. We played a little basketball with them and just loved getting their hugs. I even bought a WV hat to take home to my family. Unfortunately, I lost it in the airport on the way home!
 Val and I were able to fly from D.C. to Dallas (the first leg of our flights home) together that evening. We had about 45 minutes in the airport so we walked around together. My flight left after midnight, so I was really tired by the time I made it home around 2:00 a.m.
 Let's Go Mountaineers! It was so nice to be able to go home and be with my family for such a special occasion.


1 comment:

  1. Everything about this post is beautiful. I love the title! I'm so happy you were able to go. And I'm so happy for your brother's family!

    ReplyDelete