Pages

Friday 1 December 2017

Feeling Connected

We had a family move out of our ward at the beginning of December. We were all still fighting sickness, but I did go out to eat at my friend's going away breakfast. This is Minnie with the friend that moved in the middle.
Well, at that going-away breakfast, I had the opportunity to talk to one of my friends that I just hadn't had much time to talk to recently. Her husband has been battling throat cancer for the past ten years. They have 3 little girls who are just the cutest. One if 5 years-old and the 4-year-olds are twins, so she is super busy. Her husband hasn't been doing well, having had to have surgery to remove a tumor in his leg recently and then having to go in for throat dilations every couple of weeks, plus they had to put a trach in so he could breathe. Anyway, it's been rough on my friend and we really wanted to help. So I offered to help set up some ladies to come in and clean her house and watch her kids when she has to take her husband in for his long appointments. It has been such a blessing to be able to help her out and feel connected to so many women in my ward. We just love their family and want to help however we can. Here's picture of my kids playing with their kids on the trampoline.

1 comment:

  1. I was so impressed with that cute little family when I was out there visiting. I hope you'll keep me updated on them.

    ReplyDelete