Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Time Out for Women. . . Denver

Friday afternoon, we headed up to Denver.  One of my good friends from England recently moved here to Colorado, so she went with us!  We met two of my sister-in-laws up there with their moms and one sister.  We met at P.F. Chang's for dinner. I had never eaten there, but my sister-in-law makes a copycat recipe for their lettuce wraps.  I am definitely going to have to look it up!  We had a couple of speakers that night, along with Jenny Oaks Baker, whom I could listen to all the time.  I had bought her Disney album she released last year after Time Out for Women, and we all love it.  I want to get some of her hymns now as well. 

Love that we have the three pregnant redheads in front!
Saturday was all day of speakers and music.  I ended up buying Our Best Bites cookbook and a couple DVDs.  We went down to the 16th Street Mall to Subway for lunch.  It is a neat outdoor mall with lots of little shops.  There are several pianos all along the way too. I liked this one that was painted to look like the animal crackers box.  We also saw a wizard walking down the street both days.  That was fun.  We were beat by the time it was over, spiritually and physically. It was a very inspiring weekend.  We stopped and picked up Chinese food at the Bamboo Garden as well.  PC had planned on making dinner, but called us on the way and said Dad wanted to treat again, so we picked it up. It was yummy.  Bucko devoured the fried rice!
One last note:  Last year, I went to Time Out for Women in Richmond with my best girlfriend in the whole world.  I missed her so bad this time, especially when we saw presenters that I had seen last year with her (i.e. Jenny Oaks Baker, Laurel Christensen).  I was already crying because it was so touching, but some of it was because I missed her too!


No comments:

Post a Comment