Pages

Friday 2 March 2012

Recent Projects

The girls needed some new skirts (well, Tink did and Minnie would never allow herself to be left out of getting new skirts) so I bought some fabric and made them 2 skirts each.  I tried 3 different patterns before deciding that the last one was the best and easiest.  I followed the tutorial shown here. I changed mine a little bit from how she did it on her site, but they were SO easy and super fast to make. 
With the leftover scraps, I made fabric flowers and glued them onto a hair tie or clip.  I was very pleased with how well they turned out. Here's a picture of Tink in her new skirt with the ponytail flower in her hair.

Minnie was able to dress up for Dr. Seuss day today. She was so excited, but we had to figure out what to do.  We were going to make a Cat in the Hat costume, but when we were at the store, she changed her mind to be Thing 1.  So we got some sweatpants and shirt for about $3 for both together and then I bought a piece of white felt to make her "Thing 1" and a skein of yarn to make a "wig."  I crocheted a headband and then tied the "hair" to the headband. I thought it turned out well, but she was too embarassed to keep the wig on at school.  There were several others dressed up as Thing 1 as well though. I was able to read There's a Wocket in My Pocket and The Cat in the Hat Comes Back to her class. That was fun for both of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment