Pages

Sunday 10 July 2011

Surgery

It finally happened. I had surgery on Thursday, July 7.  PC took the day off from work and drove me down to Cambridge. I went under general anesthesia and they cut open the back of my elbow to perform a cubital tunnel release.  They said all went well. Obviously, I don't remember anything of it.  I checked out around 1pm and we made our way home.  PC has been a huge help.  My arm hurts, as I knew it would, but more than that, I am wiped out. Just taking a bath and getting dressed in the morning wears me out.  This morning Goofy sat on my arm and I thought it was going to rip apart.  Yesterday, I took a 3 hour nap after helping a bit around the house and getting dressed.  My left hand is getting trained to brush my teeth, put on deodorant and makeup, and do all the necessary things that my right hand is used to doing.  I have to keep this bandage on for 9 more days, so I'm sure I'll get better as each day passes.  The first day I had it in a sling, but I don't have to wear that anymore thankfully. So here is a picture I took with the webcam so you can see how big the bandage is.


2 comments:

  1. I hope it'll all be worth it!!! (and that bandage looks so much like Mark's, it's almost weird...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH!!! Hope it feels better soon. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete